Saturday 5 October 2013

Currant Affair

Name:  Currant Affair


Brand:  David's Tea


Primary Type:  Rooibos


Dry Scent:  I was looking forward to trying this new tea-of-the-month because I've always loved black currants, and what do I find?  Mmm...Ribena!  This smells just like Ribena or black currant jelly.  Absolutely delicious.  There's a sun-warmed, faintly sharp scent from the rooibos and a little bit of leafy green-ness from the blackberry leaf.


Steeping Time: 6-7 min


Steeped Flavour:  Before I even took the first sip, breathing in the aroma of this was like soaking in a warm tub full of a black-currant bubblebath I once had.  Which might sound bad except that I always wanted to eat/drink that bubblebath!  The flavour is delicate, with the sunwarmed rooibos providing a stable base for the rich, sweet-tartness of the black currants.  So, so, so tasty!  I might like a tiny bit more fruity and a little bit less rooibos, but that's just my personal taste.


Food/Drink Pairings:  Breakfast, lunch, teatime...maybe not dinner but definitely dessert.  I also have every intention of adding some Chambord to this to make it even more beautiful.  If I had creme de cassis I would do that too!  I think this would do well over ice with any nice dark fruity liquor.  Purely yum!


Rating out of Six Tails:
6/6


Buy/Don't Buy

No comments:

Post a Comment