Thursday 12 September 2013

Brazillionaire

Name:  Brazillionaire

Brand:  David's Tea


Primary Type:  Black


Dry Scent:  Sweet, followed by the rich buttery nuttyness of the coconut and the brazil nuts.  The black tea is hiding here underpinning the other scents, but if you go looking you will find it.  The scent reminds me somehow of wintertime, but I think it's mostly because I mostly end up eating brazil nuts while snacking on people's nut bowls during the holidays.


Steeping Time: 4-5 min


Steeped Flavour:  Warm, buttery, sweet and very rich.  The strongest flavour in this is definitely brazil nuts.  The raisins are there too, although mostly they just seem to add to the sweetness, but thankfully not in a cloying way.   A bit astringent, between the black tea's tannins and the natural astringency of the nuts, but not overly drying.  This tea is warming and I think a good fall to winter tea.


Food/Drink Pairings:  This is perfect for what the Brits call "biccy dipping".  A tasty snacktime or dessert tea.  Not so sweet that it is dessert all on its own, but a perfect compliment to cookies or cakes.  It could probably go with dinner, if dinner involved a sweet sauce of some kind, but it doesn't really seem like a morning tea.  I would say most of all this is a perfect "teatime" tea.  Actually, it might be nice with a little infusion of cream liqueur, particularly any nut-based liqueur.


Rating out of Six Tails:
5.5/6


Buy/Don't Buy


I was so excited to get this as a sample in my latest tea order!  I'd been wanting to try this for ages because I really love brazil nuts, and I've got to say I was not in any way disappointed.  Thank You David's Tea package packer, whoever you are! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment