Sunday 29 September 2013

Gold Rush

Name:  Gold Rush


Brand:  David's Tea


Primary Type:  White


Dry Scent:  Rich, sweet and almost boozy, this has an intoxicating, creamy, caramel-like scent that speaks of secrets hidden and sweet, seductive fruits.  Honestly the scent of this is hard to describe but absolutely incredible.


Steeping Time:  6-7 min


Steeped Flavour:  Sweet, caramel and creamy.  The mulberries impart their sweetness and the rich, butteriness of the coconut adds body and smoothness to the tea.  Overtop of these, the light floral and faintly green tones of the white tea sing out.  This is one of the few teas I always double-steep, and the second steep is, if anything even sweeter and richer than the first, although I tend to find that it won't manage a third steeping.


Food/Drink Pairings:  This is a dessert tea, or something to be served alongside the finest pattisseries and bonbons.  It's definitely a "high-class" sort of drink.  I've never tried pairing it with alcohol, but if I did, it would have to be just a titch of Patrón or some other high-quality tequila.


Rating out of Six Tails:
6/6


Buy/Don't Buy


Yes, I know, double-posting, but I had to put this one up tonight in honour of the season premier of Once Upon a Time.  This tea always makes me think of RumBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment