Friday 16 August 2013

Midsummer Night's Dream



Name: Midsummer Night's Dream


Brand: David's Tea


Primary Type: Herbal


Dry Scent: This is going to sound odd, but this smells like Tang. Primarily, that was the reason I even went for this tea, given that the second ingredient in it is spearmint. I figured it was worth taking the risk (and I had a free sample, which never hurts!). There is a strong tangerine fragrance, but it is not a sharp citrus, very mellow and sweet.


Steeping Time: 6-7 min


Steeped Flavour: Light orangey-fruity flavour, I tasted none of the spearmint (yay!) but also nothing of the rosepetals. It could steep longer, but I worry that might bring troubles with the mint, and I really don't want that hassle. There is sweetness here, but not overpowering, and it is very refreshing. The only evidence of the mint that I can find at all is that there is an aftereffect of cooling in the mouth.


Food/Drink Pairings: This is definitely an any time of day tea, although I can't see drinking it with any actual meal but breakfast. It would be wonderfully refreshing iced, but probably could not stand up to any strong booze. It also makes a nice end-of-the-day tea before bed, since it's caffeine free and light.


Rating out of Six Tails:
4.5/6


Buy/Don't Buy

All in all, it's a nice tea. Emphasis on "nice". It didn't wow me, but I'd definitely drink it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment