Wednesday 14 August 2013

Right, so, one last bit of housekeeping.

Before I start writing the actual reviews and such for this lovely little blog, there are a couple of things about my tastes that need to be made clear.

I like things that are sweet, but I do not sweeten my tea.  All reviews will be based off tea prepared "black" or plain; no sugar/honey/agave, no milk or cream.

There are a couple of flavours/ingredients that I do not tolerate well in tea.  Well, two major ones and one minor:

Mint:  This is a MAJOR turnoff/problem for me.  I can drink some very few teas with mint in them, especially if it is a minor ingredient, but if it is the main player, it's not likely to appeal to me.  Any reviews of teas with mint should be taken with that in consideration.  If you love mint teas, disregard any of my whinging about too much mintyness.  Heavy mint actually tends to make my stomach upset and give me migranes, so...yeah.

Chamomile:  Like mint, not a big favourite of mine and tends to make me slightly headachey, so it's highly unlikely that I'll be reviewing many teas with this as a major player.

Lavender:  Not such a big issue, but I don't tend to like too much of it in a tea, as I find it makes them a bit on the bitter side, which I don't really like much.

As for everything else, I can appreciate everything from a good, high-quality green tea to the sweetest of fruity rooibos blends to Lapsang Suchong (although I have to be in the right mood for the latter!) so expect lots of variety on here!

Onward and Tea-ward!

2 comments:

  1. Remind me never to make you tea, haha. I make a mean mint tea, but then again, I cut it with black tea. I should start cutting it with rum. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay rum! Everything is better with rum!

    ReplyDelete