Friday 9 August 2013

So...why tea?

A legitimate question.  After all, there are so many things a person could blog about, and tea doesn't seem like the most likely culprit even from my own varied habits and hobbies, but there are very good reasons for blogging about tea, and even better reasons for drinking it - often - and enjoying it.

In a way, tea is secondary to a lot of things.  By this I don't mean that it isn't as good as them, but that it can be enjoyed while doing them.  A mug of tea while watching the evening news or your favourite show?  Sure.  A cuppa somewhere safe nearby while cutting out pattern pieces for a new costume, almost essential, given the need for caffeine and calm together when under a deadline.  A nice thermos full of tea when you had to get up far too early to go to choir practice and can't abide the thought of singing on a full stomach?  Of course!  Not to mention the ubiquitous cup of tea and curling up with a good book on a cold winter's evening or brewing a massive pitcher of iced tea in the middle of summer's heat.

Of course, tea has other benefits as well.  Such as the fact that a nice, sweet-flavoured tea can be brewed quickly and can stand in quite well for sweets when a snack craving hits, and it does far more for the good of your body than a handful of cookies ever did.  And sure, I could bring up any number of websites extolling the health benefits of teas of all different kinds, but that isn't what this blog is going to be about.

In my mind, this blog will be an extension of my own habit of cataloging the different teas I buy and try in order to remember what each one of them tastes like and which ones I would like to keep in stock or on hand.

The plan is to have each review conform to an outline something like this:

~~^~~{@


Name:


Brand:

Primary Type:

Dry Scent:

Steeping Time:

Steeped Flavour:

Possible Pairings (food, booze or other drink):

Rating out of Six Tails:

Buy/Don't Buy


~~^~~{@

I'll try to provide links to each tea if possible, although in some cases I may not be able to.  In any case though, I hope you all enjoy the blog as much as I enjoy my tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment