Thursday 29 August 2013

Pumpkin Chai

In honour of David's Tea bringing out their fall tea collection, I present to you...


Name: Pumpkin Chai


Brand: David's Tea


Primary Type: Black


Dry Scent: This smells like fall, particularly fall baking. Now I'll be honest here, I am not a fan of pumpkin pie. Something in the mixture of pumpkin and spices always smells wonderful to me but makes me very, very sick. Probably the pumpkin. My tummy is a bit weird >.> In any case, this smells delicious. Not too strongly of spices, but cinnamon and cloves are evident, and there's a sweet smell that reminds me of baked pastry.


Steeping Time: 4-5 min


Steeped Flavour: Yum! This is what I imagine pumpkin pie would taste like if I could eat it. There's even some creaminess to the mouthfeel of this tea that suggests the whipped cream that no self-respecting pumpkin pie should ever go without. I was very iffy about purchasing this tea at first, and for good reason (as noted above) but I got a sample and was very impressed indeed!


Food/Drink Pairings: Dessert. Once again, this is not really a drink-with-main-course kind of tea, but it definitely goes well with desserts. I would think especially harvest desserts like zucchini loaf or (shocker) pumpkin pie, if such is your thing. It would make, I am sure, a divine chai latte, and is also robust enough to stand up to spiced rum. Hmm...I could also see it being very nice with a little of the alcoholic eggnog I have stashed away in my booze cupboard...


Rating out of Six Tails:
5/6


Buy/Don't Buy

No comments:

Post a Comment