Monday 26 August 2013

Super Ginger

Name:  Super Ginger


Brand:  David's Tea


Primary Type:  Rooibos


Dry Scent:  Very gingery but also sweet.  This smells an awful lot like gingersnap cookies, only with just a bit more gingeryness to it.  Hmm...did I mention ginger? XD


Steeping Time: 7-8 min


Steeped Flavour:  Unsurprisingly, ginger spicy.  There is also some pink peppercorn in this, which adds its own bite, but - and this bit is surprising - the tea is naturally sweet enough to keep me from feeling like I just sucked down the juice from that pickled ginger you get with sushi.  This will definitely get drunk some more while I'm sick, it's doing wonders for the sinuses!


Food/Drink Pairings:  I honestly can't see pairing this with any food, it's just too much of a "medicine" tea for me, but I can, maybe, see it featuring, iced, in a very fancy dry cocktail or martini, maybe something with lychee or ginger liqueur.


Rating out of Six Tails:
5.5/6


Buy/Don't Buy

This is not by any stretch of the imagination something that I would drink every day, but it's DEFINITELY something to have on hand for sick days!  Maybe even with some fresh-squeezed lemon juice and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment