Monday 19 August 2013

Sublime

Name: Sublime


Brand: Silk Road


Primary Type: Green


Dry Scent:  Strongly citrussy tea.  Actually, the dry smell of this took me back to my childhood playing "taste test" with the cabin-neighbor kids, who happened to have Good Host iced tea powder (a commodity my mother would never have allowed us!)  This smells very similar to that as you open the tin.


Steeping Time: 2-3 min


Steeped Flavour:  Sadly, there was not nearly as much citrus in this when brewed as there was evident in the dry smell.  I would definitely have liked a bit more bite to it.  The truly unfortunate part was that the smell of the hot, steeped tea was very, very green-tea-fishy, although thankfully it didn't taste too fishy.  I'm not sure what green teas taste like to other people, but I often find that the lower-quality ones taste like the beach.

I will perhaps try this tea again at a greater concentration of leaves/water and maybe a slightly longer steeping time at a slightly lower temperature...  It's not bad per se, but it's not quite what I was hoping for.  Sadly I've found this same problem with another tea from Silk Road (which I will review at a later date) although I have had good teas from them and I like supporting a local company.


Food/Drink Pairings:  This might make a decent iced tea if doctored with some cut up chunks of lemon and lime...  I can't say it would really be much of a "drink this with dinner" kind of tea although I can see it going nicely with sandwiches and salad for a picnic lunch...


Rating out of Six Tails:
3/6


Buy/Don't Buy

Honestly, I can't quite make a decision on the buy/don't buy for this one, although I lean slightly toward the "don't buy".  It's an ok tea, as far as green teas go, but it just didn't quite live up to what it could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment